Remembering one of my summer 2015 work stations on the shores of Lake Michigan in Door County, Wisconsin where I began work on my ‘A Historical Overview of International Education Scholarship and the Role of the Scholar–Practitioner‘ chapter for the forthcoming book “International Higher Education’s Scholar-Practitioners: Bridging Research and Practice”. Soon I’ll begin work on a new book chapter that I will co-write with two other colleagues (unable to disclose chapter title or focus of book at this time) but I won’t have as nice of an “office” this time around!
That IHEC Blog post on the computer screen is about and includes photos of my thirteen year old daughter heading off on her twelve day service learning trip to Ecuador last August!
This morning I was interviewed via Skype by the International Education News Network for their following piece “Study Abroad Expected to Increase Despite Imminent War”. You can access and learn more about the International Education News Network via their website at: http://internationaleducationnews.com/
Please join the Fund for Education Abroad, the Host Committee, and a few very special guests – including Assistant Secretary of State, Evan Ryan at the historic National Museum for Women in the Arts in Washington, DC on Thursday, November 19th from 6:30-9:30pm to kick-off the upcoming application cycle and celebrate FEA’s 5th Anniversary. Cocktail attire – includes open bar, heavy hors d’oeuvres & buffets, cultural programming, and networking in the field of international education. You can purchase your tickets via the FEA website.
This year, FEA will honor Marlene Johnson, Executive Director and CEO of NAFSA with the Inaugural Fritz Kaufmann Advocacy Award. Fritz Kaufmann, founder of Academic Travel Abroad was a lawyer by training, journalist and professor of economics, Professor Kaufmann left his native Vienna in 1942 and later embarked on a three-month tour of Europe to evaluate the political and economic effects of the Marshall Plan. His personal experience of war and witnessing its devastating effect inspired a lifelong devotion to advancing cross-cultural understanding through international educational travel, multicultural awareness and language training, leading to the founding of the Association of Academic Travel Abroad in 1949.
5th Anniversary Host Committee (as of 10/22)
Co-Chairs: Errick L. Greene & Mark Lenhart
Members: Tim Ambrose, Jiffer Bourguignon, Jennifer Calvert, Terence B. Crouch, Andrea Custodi, Elizabeth Daoust, Kim Davis, Samuel Davis, Jane Edwards, Teri Ellison, Alida Fenner, Miti Figueredo, Joël Gallegos, Jean Glock, Larry Guillemette, Wendy Harris, Kelly Holland, JJ Jackson, Shelley Jessee, Martha Johnson, Gene Kenney, Jan Kieling, Amy Kotkin, Anne Krieg, Brandon Lee, Bruce Levine, Rachel Lostumbo, Michael Lucerto, Ellyn McKay, Mike Moyer, MaryBeth Mullen, Jean-Marie Murphy, Robert Muse, Judy Perl, Jim Perna, Susan Popko, Carol Reed, Jennifer Richwine, Gary Rhodes, Moira Rogers, Randall Salisbury, Colby Sheffer, Kate Simpson, Maggie Simpson, Barbara Tuceling, Janet Varn, Ann Waigand, JoVita Well, Caroline Donovan White, Linda Youngentob
International Higher Education Consulting has entered into an affiliate partnership with the Global Pro Institute program.
Created by Brooke Roberts, founder of Inside Study Abroad, the Global Pro Institute program offers a comprehensive roadmap to launch and grow a career in international education and meaningful travel. If you are interested in learning more about and enrolling in the the Global Pro Institute program you can do so via the following affiliate link: http://bit.ly/1QluR4S.
The Global Pro Institute program includes the following:
A FUN, IN-DEPTH, AND ACTIONABLE SIX WEEK CURRICULUM
- 6 modules with several lessons of fun, informative, and actionable videos tutorials and lectures.
- Delivered completely online from the comfort of your home, office, or favorite coffee shop.
- Complete professional makeover from knowledge, to skills, to relationships, to branding, to landing the job.
- Downloadable, action-oriented printable workbooks.
- Deep-dive hour-long video interviews and conversations with experts in nearly every area of international education and meaningful travel.
- We walk you through the fundamentals of the work, skills and knowledge required to work in that space, and best ways to land a job in that area.
- Real-world stories from successful professionals on how they launched and grew their own careers.
- Weekly 60-minute live video group coaching and mentoring sessions with Brooke to answer your questions and help you apply this content to your career growth and job search (each session is recorded).
- A little cheerleading and real-talk to help you move past roadblocks and self-doubt to start taking action on the things that will make the biggest impact on your career.
- Time zone or scheduling issues with the live sessions? Don’t worry. You can submit your questions anytime to be answered during the group coaching.
- Lifetime access to content AND future GPI sessions! Once you register, the program is yours. You are welcome to review the program content anytime and participate in future GPI sessions going forward.
- As the field evolves, this program will evolve with it. And you’ll get continued access to any updates we make to the program.
- Plus, when new benefits and bonuses are added to the Global Pro Institute experience, you’ll get them for free.
- Building your network in the international education and meaningful travel industries is crucial for career success – and it’s best to start with your peers.
- You receive lifetime and exclusive access to the members-only private Facebook group where you can network with other aspiring professionals in the field.
- Post successes, challenges, questions, feedback, and inspiration for other members to cheer, review, and provide feedback.
- Engage with Brooke and other thought-leaders in international education and youth travel
- This group will become your cohort of peers, future colleagues, and life-long friends. Value? Priceless.
- GPI members get exclusive access to our conference travel funds. Attend an international education conference, represent GPI and Inside Study Abroad, apply for a grant!
- Meet and connect in-person with your fellow GPI members at our exclusive networking events.
- Network with established professionals in international education and lots of introductions from Brooke.
- All Mastery members will have an opportunity to send their revised resume and cover letter to Brooke for critique and actionable feedback.
- Brooke will create a video explaining exactly what you’ve done great and where you can improve (and why).
- Videos will be posted in the private Facebook community for everyone to learn from and implement.
- All members of the Global Pro Institute will be invited to FREE GPI-only networking receptions, educational workshops, and fun outings hosted during regional and national conferences around the country and world.
- You’ll get exclusive access to Brooke’s amazing network of friends and colleagues in the field. (This is priceless.)
- Opportunities to become a Chapter Coordinator for Inside Study Abroad Meet-ups in your city or region.
- Your Global Pro Institute membership also contributes to funding an Inside Study Abroad scholarship with the Fund for Education Abroad.
- Which means when you improve and grow your global career, you are also changing the lives of aspiring study abroad participants.
- Give and receive. That’s our motto.